Important Current Affairs 10th April 2017 with Free PDF
We bring you Important Current Affairs 10th April 2017 with Free PDF in English and Hindi, which will update you with latest headlines, news from various domains i.e: National News, Sports, Business, Awards & recognition. It will help you in preparation of competitive exams like: SSC, SBI, IBPS PO, Clerk, Railways & Various other Entrance examinations.
Current Affairs 10th April 2017: NATIONAL NEWS
Prime Minister Inaugurates ‘Swachhagraha “Bapu Ko Karyanjali”-a Mission, an Exhibition’ to Mark 100th Anniversary of Champaran Satyagrah
The Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi inaugurated ‘‘Swachhagraha “Bapu Ko Karyanjali”-A Mission, An Exhibition’ to mark 100th Anniversary of Champaran Satyagrah at the National Archives of India (NAI), here today.
● He also launched an Online Interactive Quiz “Karyanjali”, which will continue for 30 months till October, 2019.
● Minister of State (I/C) for Culture and Tourism Dr. Mahesh Sharma and many dignitaries were present.
● A musical and dance programme based on the banned literature on Mahatma Gandhi and Swachhagraha entitled “Satya, Swachh, Sur” was presented on the occasion.
● Addressing the gathering on the occasion, the Prime Minister said that 100 years ago, Mahatma Gandhi reached Champaran and witnessed the hardships of people living there.
● Gandhi Ji showed them the path to and power of peaceful Satyagrah. Champaran Satyagraha catapulted Gandhi Ji to the forefront of India’s freedom struggle.
● He said that the exhibition, interactive quiz and dance performance are not only formalities, but are pious occasions to dedicate ourselves to the nation. “Along with Shraddhanjali, we should also offer Karyanjali to Mahatma Gandhi”, the Prime Minister added.
● Shri Modi emphasised that Gandhi ji was basically a Swachhagrahi and was awakening the thought process of the people of India.
● He pointed out that Champaran can be described as the place of origin of Swachhata Andolan and Champaran Satyagrah gave a new impetus to the freedom struggle and Gandhi ji accorded equal regard to women.
● ‘Champaran played an important role in the development of Khadi. Swachh Bharat Mission is a movement to fulfil the dreams of Mahatma Gandhi and is fast becoming a mass movement in our country’, the Prime Minister said.
“nakshe” Portal launched by Dr. Harsh Vardhan on 250th Anniversary of Survey of India
A new web portal “nakshe” was launched by the Union Minister for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences, Dr. Harsh Vardhan in New Delhi today, on the occasion of 250th anniversary of Survey of India(SoI).
● Topographic maps or Open Series Maps (OSM) containing natural and manmade geographical features including terrain or topography are prepared by the SoI since its inception in 1767 and is in conformity with the National Map Policy-2005.
● These OSM maps have been made available for free download from “nakshe” web portal in pdf format on 1:50,000 scale through Aaadhar enabled user authentication process, in line with Digital India programme of the Government of India.
● The Survey of India, the principal mapping agency of the country is celebrating its 250th anniversary this year. Origin of the Survey of India is traced back to Year 1767.
● It is the oldest scientific department in India and one of the oldest survey establishments in the world. Foundation for the scientific survey and mapping of the country was laid with The Great Trigonometric Survey (GTS) in 19th century on this day i.e. 10th April, 1802, by noted surveyors Col. Lambton and Sir George Everest.
● SoI has surveyed and mapped each and every part of the country and these maps have played an invaluable role in the saga of India’s nation building and were pivotal in the foundation of almost all major developmental activities of modern India.
Rajnath Singh inaugurates Web Portal “Bharat ke Veer”
The Union Home Minister, Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the web portal and mobile application named “Bharat ke Veer” on the occasion of Valour Day of Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) here today.
● The portal is an IT based platform, with an objective to enable willing donors to contribute towards the family of a braveheart who sacrificed his/her life in line of duty.
● The amount so donated will be credited to the account of ‘Next of Kin’ of those Central Armed Police Force/Central Para Military Force soldiers. The actor Shri Akshay Kumar was the Guest of Honour during the function.
● Speaking on the occasion, Shri Rajnath Singh said that he pays heartfelt tribute to the soldiers who sacrificed their lives for the safety of nation.
● He said that each moment of lives of CRPF and CAPF personnel is a test of their courage and bravery. He said that a bullet can hit a soldier physically, but no bullet can defeat the courage and motivation of a soldier.
● The bravery of CRPF commandant, Chetan Cheetah is an example of it who survived 9 bullets, Shri Rajanth Singh added.
Government makes compliance of Labour Laws and Rules easy
The Government has undertaken an exercise to promote ease of compliance of Labour Laws and Rules by various establishments.
● The “Rationalisation of Forms and Reports under Certain Labour Laws Rules, 2017” has reduced the number of forms and reports prescribed under 3 Acts and the Rules made thereunder from 36 to 12.
● The overall aim of the exercise is to make the forms and reports easy to understand for the users. This will save efforts, costs and lessen the compliance burden of various establishments.
● As per the sixth Economic Census of Central Statistical Office, conducted during 2013-2014,there are about 5.85 crore establishments in agriculture and non- agriculture sectors of the country.
● An intention notification for reducing the number of forms and reports was placed in the public domain on 9th February, 2017 and objections and suggestions thereon were sought from all stakeholders.
● The Labour Laws under which these forms are filed include:
● The Contract Labour (Regulation and Abolition) Act, 1970
● The Inter-State Migrant Workmen (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1979
● The Building and Other Construction Workers (Regulation of Employment and Conditions of Service) Act, 1996.
Current Affairs 10th April 2017: BUSINESS
Mahindra partners Zoomcar for electric car sharing
Mahindra Electric on Monday announced a partnership with Zoomcar, a self—driven car—rental firm to promote shared mobility of electric cars in India.
● This partnership will enable individuals to buy new all-electric Mahindra e2oPlus on ZAP, Zoomcar’s fractional car ownership programme, the company said in a statement.
● The programme allows individuals to purchase e2oPlus on Zoomcar’s self-drive platform, list the vehicle on a dynamic basis whenever idle, get bookings from Zoomcar’s customer base, it added.
● Mahindra Electric is the electric vehicles manufacturers of the diversified $ 17.8 billion Mahindra Group.
● Commenting on the association, Mahindra Electric CEO Mahesh Babu said: “With this first—of—its—kind association with Zoomcar, we believe we will be able to make green mobility available to a larger audience.”
● Zoomcar CEO and Co-Founder Greg Moran said electric cars on shared mobility platforms is the ultimate way forward solving the urban transportation problem.
Nokia partnering with Airtel, BSNL for preparing 5G networks in India
Nokia phones might be making a comeback in a partnership with HMD Global, but the Finnish company is also investing heavily in networks and communications across the world, particularly 5G technology.
● Nokia had in March announced partnerships with Airtel and BSNL for preparing 5G networks in India, and now according to a report in Economic Times, the company has MOUs with both players.
● According to Nokia, it will work with BSNL “to accelerate the development of a 5G ecosystem,” and is looking at how the “extreme high-speed wireless broadband with ultra-low-latency” can be developed in the country to support Internet of Things (IoT) and future smart cities.
● Nokia and BSNL will be conducting joint 5G demonstrations across India.
Nokia is also partnering with Airtel for this 5G ecosystem development as well. Both players will look at network evolution to 5G, exploring operations, cost-effectiveness, quality and reliability.
● The partnerships will look at creating a strategy and clear path for the evolution of 5G in India, and the efforts will build on the current 4G networks.
Current Affairs 10th April 2017: INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
India-Australia strengthen ties; sign 6 agreements
A pact to significantly expand counter-terror cooperation was among six agreements India1 and Australia inked on Sunday as the two countries called for strong action against those financing and providing sanctuary to terror groups.
● The agreements were signed after talks between Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Australian counterpart Malcolm Turnbull. The two leaders decided to significantly expand their ties in several key areas including defence, trade, energy and education.
● The relaxed body language of the two Prime Ministers clearly reflecting the thaw in ties between the two nations. Australian PM Malcom Turnbull, who is on a four day visit to India, held hour long talks with PM Modi at the national capital’s Hyderabad House.
● A pact to significantly expand counter-terror cooperation was among six agreements India and Australia inked today as the two countries called for strong action against those financing and providing sanctuary to terror groups.